A new rugged and rapid-throughput tester for quality testing wire terminal strength is available from Mecmesin Ltd. Simple controls combine with accuracy and ease of use to make the CrimpTest-1 kN a high-reliability everyday tester, requiring minimal training and maintenance.
Motorised pull testers improve accuracy and reduce operator strain and injury. For added safety, this ergonomically-designed horizontal tester pulls samples away from the user. A single button press runs a test, and just 4 multi-function buttons provide for all settings, operation and output to an RS232 statistical printer.
Peak force at break is displayed along with clear pass and fail indication. Four speed settings are available: 25, 50, 100 and 200 mm/min. to comply with all regular test standards. Units of force can be displayed in N, kgf or lbf.
This competitively-priced bench tester is designed for continuous use within the production environment, and is IP52 rated against ingress from dust, wire fragments and water.
Versatile fixtures are available for pull testing crimped, soldered or welded terminals, and cable ties, to 1 kN:
- slotted rotary crimp receptacle with stepped loop pin (standard)
- self-tightening cam grip (standard)
- wedge grips for flat or round terminals (optional)
- cable tie fixture (optional)
Applicable international test standards:
- ASTM B913 : Standard test method for evaluation of crimped electrical connections to 16-gauge and smaller diameter stranded and solid conductors
- SAE AS39029 and AS7928 : general specification for terminals, lug: splices, conductor: crimp style, copper
- IEC 60352-2 : solderless crimped connections
- BS 5G 178 (Part 1) : crimped joints for aircraft electrical cables and wires
- DEF STAN 59-71 : crimped electrical connectors for copper conductors
- ISO 1966 : crimped joints for aircraft electrical cables
- NASA-STD-8739.4 : space applications, crimping, cabling and harnessing
For more information: http://www.mecmesin.com/crimptest-1